The Foraging Process:
· Define what objectives the retailer wishes to achieve.
· Clarify the shops sales position, identifying any seasonal highs and lows.
· Study which suppliers are currently used, with ordering & delivery schedules.
· Look at previous promotions and marketing that’s already been used.
· Discuss the level of success achieved.
· Define what roles each member of staff plays.
· Meet the team and introduce myself, and explain why I’m joining the team, making it clear that I’m here to help not to undermine.
· Discover what objectives the retailer has in mind, work with the team learning how the shop works.
· Discuss with the retailer what ideas I have to add to continue the success of the shop.
· Agree a re-structure/remerchandising budget, if applicable.
· Implement some ideas, working with the team offering any advice and training needed.
· Discuss with the retailer how the changes have been received by customers and the team, and what else can be done for the future.
· Leave the shop management team with a plan for merchandising over the next month.